Welcome to my blog! My name is Kacie and I am in love! I am in love with my amazing husband, and my two adorable little girls. I am in love with everything that has to do with weddings and I absolutely love cute little families and adorable chubby babies! Nothing makes me happier than to be able to capture all the love that surrounds this beautiful world and to share it with my clients. I try to keep up with my blog every few days, so be sure to check back often for all the fun things I'm working on!

Sad day...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Today I have a heavy heart...

Back in May of 2010 I was contacted by one of my past brides wanting to gift an engagement session to one of her best friends. 7 months prior, he had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. He had undergone surgery and treatment and things were looking good. Mark & Marie were planning on getting married the following year, but decided to move the wedding to August of 2010. Sadly I was already booked for their wedding, so I just had a chance to do their engagement session.

A few weeks ago, Mark was brought home from the hospital to hospice care. There was nothing left that they could do...

Mark passed away peacefully at home in Long Beach last night at 11:25pm after a 16 month battle with brain cancer. He was surrounded by family and friends, candles, and music. Mark wanted to make sure everyone came to his party and waited for his best friend (my past bride) as the last one. He took his last breath just after she arrived, kissed his forehead goodbye, and Marie told him she loved him.

The day I found out Mark had been brought home from the hospital, I called my amazing canvas company to have this image printed out for him so he could enjoy it with Marie while they still had time together.



They were such a sweet couple and my thoughts and prayers are with Mark's family and friends...




3 comments:

Michelle Hebert said...

Oh my, this is so sad! I remember this engagement photo shoot and just LOVED it! Praying for the family and all those whose heart is mourning.

Jennycub said...

I stumbled across this blog, very upsetting but beautiful at the same time. God bless x

Modern Girl Style said...

Beautiful photos...the story whew made me weep. I love your photography!

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net