Welcome to my blog! My name is Kacie and I am in love! I am in love with my amazing husband, and my two adorable little girls. I am in love with everything that has to do with weddings and I absolutely love cute little families and adorable chubby babies! Nothing makes me happier than to be able to capture all the love that surrounds this beautiful world and to share it with my clients. I try to keep up with my blog every few days, so be sure to check back often for all the fun things I'm working on!

BUILD's 10th Anniversary Celebration

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last week I donated my services to a wonderful organization - BUILD.

There were over 300 guests that attended the 10th Anniversary celebration and fund raising event and over $800,000 was raised to help the organization! A few of the attendees you may recognize, are Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter and founder of Square; MC Hammer and Jed York, owner of the San Francisco 49ers.

BUILD was founded in 1999, by Stanford Law student, Suzanne McKechnie Klahr. It is perfectly stated on their website, "BUILD runs the nation’s largest youth incubators with the mission to use entrepreneurship to excite and propel disengaged, low-income students through high school to college success. We believe that the power of student ideas in action drives youth to reach their fullest potential in school and beyond."

If you would like to help out this fabulous organization by becoming a mentor or donating your time or money, please visit their website.

I would also like to give a big thanks to my 2nd photographer, Gary Sexton, who also donated his time to help me photograph this event. A few of the photos below were captured by him. Thank you Gary!!!







Myself and the guests were all serenaded by the super talented group, Overtone! They are out of this world! You may recognize their music from the movie, Invictus.




Here is Jack Dorsey posing with a few of the students



And MC Hammer!



Here is my amazingly fabulous sister who works for BUILD and the reason I wanted to help out for this event. Also with her is my assistant for the night, Valerie.



Just a few of the kids that got to participate at the event




Here are just a few of the student's businesses they started with the help and guidance from BUILD.









Founder, Suzanne McKechnie Klahr



Such an amazing turnout!





Let the awards begin!



One of the founding supporters of BUILD, Franklin "Pitch" Johnson




Awarding Jack Dorsey with the first honorary "Pitch" award




Jack Dorsey giving a speech





The start of the auction! This was so fun to experience. I was running around the room as fast as the announcer could talk trying to snap quick shots of everyone throwing their paddles up. What a rush!




Ashton Kutcher even made an "appearance" at the event. He was supposed to be there, but the date conflicted with the opening day of his new movie. He pre-taped a little something to share with everyone and even donated his time for the auction.








Here they are putting Jack Dorsey's product, Square to good use. If you don't know what Square is, it's a little device that allows you to scan credit cards onto your portable device (phone, ipad etc)



Here's 49er owner, Jed York having a great time!



Founder, Suzanne McKechnie Klahr sitting with MC Hammer and Jack Dorsey





The student presentations were extremely emotional and touched all of us. You would be amazed at what these kids have had to go through to get to where they are today. So inspiring!



1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Kacie! These are so incredible you did great job. Thank you.

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net