Welcome to my blog! My name is Kacie and I am in love! I am in love with my amazing husband, and my two adorable little girls. I am in love with everything that has to do with weddings and I absolutely love cute little families and adorable chubby babies! Nothing makes me happier than to be able to capture all the love that surrounds this beautiful world and to share it with my clients. I try to keep up with my blog every few days, so be sure to check back often for all the fun things I'm working on!

The Strong Family

Monday, May 25, 2009

I was really excited for this family shoot because Victoria was the winner of my 1st annual "Mother's Day Photo Session Giveaway."

Their sweet 19 month old daughter Gwendolyn, has Spinal Muscular Atrophy or SMA Type 1. SMA is the leading genetic killer of infants. It is a terminal, degenerative disease that results in the loss of nerves in the spinal cord and the weakness of the muscles connected with those nerves. SMA impacts the ability to walk, stand, sit, eat, breathe and even swallow. The mind and spirit are no different from that of a healthy baby, but the body eventually fails. Typical babies with SMA Type 1 have a life expectancy of between one and two years and they require around-the-clock medical assistance and monitoring.

They are such a cute family was so much love to give. I got so many wonderful smiles from little Gwendolyn and each one just melts your heart!

To view Gwendolyn's journey through life please click here to follow their blog. Also, please take a minute sign the petition here to end SMA!

This is one of my favorite family photos of them!

8 comments:

Veronica Slavin said...

Kacie, these are priceless!

e. broderick photography said...

These shots literally took my breath away. There are so many beautiful moments here, Kacie. I am sure the family is so thrilled to have these...

Katie said...

Great pictures Kacie! I teared up while looking at them!

Smith Gallery Photography said...

what a beautiful family - and a beautiful little girl... gorgeous work!

Victoria Strong said...

Thank you so, so much for this wonderful gift Kacie. Working with you was such a joy and your images of my sweet baby truly take my breathe away.

melanie said...

These are beautiful in every way! What a treasure this family has in their obvious love. :)

Sublime Studios said...

Amazing. Thanks for doing that for them! I think it is wonderful when we as photographers choose to give back. What an amazing family to give back too!

Chelsea Marshall said...

I just wanted to let you know that the photos are beautiful and I know the Strongs told you but photos of these babies mean more than anything. I have a son also who has SMA type 1 and I was wondering if you travel to Ojai. You did such a beautiful job.

Chelsea Marshall

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net