Welcome to my blog! My name is Kacie and I am in love! I am in love with my amazing husband, and my two adorable little girls. I am in love with everything that has to do with weddings and I absolutely love cute little families and adorable chubby babies! Nothing makes me happier than to be able to capture all the love that surrounds this beautiful world and to share it with my clients. I try to keep up with my blog every few days, so be sure to check back often for all the fun things I'm working on!

SB PUG with Dane Sanders!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last night I hosted my monthly PUG (Pictage User Group) meeting and the super fabulous Dane Sanders was our guest speaker. If you're wondering what a PUG is, it is a community of Pictage photographers that gets together once a month to learn, share and connect. The goal of our meetings are to help photographers grow in respects to their photography, business and personally. I have spoken with a lot of photographers that are hesitant to attend our meetings becuase they feel they have nothing to contribute because they are just starting out in the business. My response to that, is that these meetings are perfect for them and the best thing they could possibly do for their new business. We are a friendly group that loves to share our own knowledge and "secrets" of the business. We have even recently opened up the meetings to non-Pictage members as well. So if you are a photographer or thinking about becoming one and need a little inspiration, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Each month I put on a meeting with a different topic or guest speaker. Previous topics/speakers have included: learning about self-employment taxes, how to "wow" your clients with your marketing & gifts, album designs & the sharing of albums, organizing your client database online, life coaching, how to be a leader and the list goes on and on...

Last night we had a great turnout and I was excited to see some new faces! We even had the special treat of Pictage's new CEO Jim Collins visit us! Dane was such an amazing speaker and truly knows how to keep you involved the entire time he is speaking. He got us thinking about how to "go off automatic" (or otherwise known as autopilot) and "stand out in a crowd." He also has a great new book that I am so excited to start reading! I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it! Check it out here: Fast Track Photographer

Thanks again Dane for inspiring us all!

1 comment:

Dane said...

Thank you Kacie. Keep leading us! We're grateful!

blog design by: www.brianmedia.net